Welcome to the USAFA Parents Club of Eastern Michigan
Cadet Budgets for 2017/2018 Published
Click here to download the cadet budgets for 2017/2018. Complete financial information can be found at https://www.usafa.edu/parents/cadet-financial-information/.
USAFA Parent’s Club of Eastern Michigan — Summer Picnic
Thanks to all who attended our summer picnic on 8/21/17. We had a great time and had excellent representation from the classes of 2020 and 2021.
Cadet Wing Strategic Calendar for 2017-2018 Released
Generally two weekends per month are devoted to military training (Silver Weekends).
- Training is from Friday afternoon through early Saturday afternoon.
- Activities during this time include room and uniform inspections, parades, marching practice, military briefings, guest speakers, and professional military education and training.
- The Academy refers to liberties and authorizations as permission for cadets to leave the Academy during off duty periods.
- Cadet individual passes on Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday will depend on your cadets class and overall squadron performance. Authorizations and liberties are gradually increased by class in recognition of added maturity and responsibility.
Blue Training weekends means cadets should have free time with no official training.
- These weekends may change based on the cadet wing requirements/needs.
- Always check with your cadet for the latest updates.
- Cadet Wing Strategic Calendar 2-17-2018 (18 Jul 2017)
- Academic Calendar 2017-2018 (14 Dec 2016))
- Prep School Academic Calendar 2017-2018 (12 Jul 2017)
- Academic Calendar Page at USAFA
Important Dates for Parents
- Important Dates for Parents 2017-2018 (11 Jul 2017)
- Parent Resource Page at USAFA
- Parent’s Weekend Information at USAFA
About the United States Air Force Michigan Parents Club
Welcome to the United States Air Force Michigan Parents Club website. Parent Clubs exist because the Academy experience is unlike any other. Parent Clubs exist to provide support and help pass on information to new Academy parents, as well to ensure parents know what is going on at the United States Air Force Academy.
To join our club, or to find out more information, please contact our president at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before the Air Force Academy will provide us with your contact information, both Cadet and Parents must sign the Privacy Act Parents Club form. We look forward to hearing from you.
The mission of the USAFA Parents Club of Eastern Michigan is to support families throughout their Cadet’s experiences at the United States Air Force Academy and instill them with an appreciation for their role in the “Long Blue Line” (connection to the Air Force) while providing recognition and support to our Cadets.
- Long lasting friendships across past, present and future parents of USAFA cadets in a relationship built from unique experiences and mutual interests while parenting a cadet and US Air Force Officer.
- Mentoring to families and appointees as they prepare to leave for Basic Cadet Training and their Doolie year at the Academy.
- An understanding of life at the USAFA and Prep School through education of appointees, cadets, parents and the community.
- Support for Eastern Michigan USAFA families while their cadet is away attending the USAFA and Prep School.
- Recognition of cadets across milestones in their USAFA life.
- Financial support for emergency cadet travel in a time of crisis, via the Rando fund. The Annual All Academy Holiday Ball to recognize all Michigan cadets attending all the military academies.
USAFA Parents Club of Eastern Michigan
Original date of 501c3 approval- 2008